29 April 2008

Our First Post

Well, we are joining the world of blogging. For those of you that read this, you will quickly find out, that we aren't that exciting! Our big news for the month is our 5 year anniversary coming up on Saturday, the 3rd. I can't believe that its been five years already! Time goes so fast. Its been great though!

Tomorrow is my last day of work at my current job. I've worked as a teacher's aide, for a second grade class, for about six months. Those kids are so cute! I will be pretty sad to leave them all. I'm trying to decide what I can do for them. Maybe I'll buy them pencils. Kids always need pencils. "Mrs. Ricks? Can I trade my pencil?" Oh sad.

On the upside, I start my new job on Monday! I will be working for the USDA (Deparment of Agriculture) as a soil sampler. I'm slightly nervous, mostly because I don't know what to expect. I suppose I'll be walking a lot and digging in the dirt a lot. But I'm happy because I'm finally using my college education, after four years!

We'll keep you posted!

No comments: