29 July 2008

Hypothyroidism

I have that. Hypothyroidism. In case some of you don't know what that is, its when your thyroid does not make enough thyroid hormone. Which leads to being tired all of the time. Here is a link, webmd.com, if any of you want to read up on it, because I know ya do. This explains why some days I am so tired. It also explains why sometimes I can barely drag myself out of bed or off of the couch! I may be a little vain, but it also explains why I am getting puggier, and can't loose any weight! So for those of you who've know me for the last few years and have noticed my expanding waste line, thats why! Hopefully in the next year or so, I'll be able to loose some of that. I can't tell you what a relief it is to actually have a reason for all of these crazy things I've had going on! I do have a complaint about the lady that took my blood the other day though! She ripped a hole in my arm! I've had a huge bruise for a week now! Ouch!

4 comments:

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

Thanks for the message, that's cool that you found me! It was probably from Sara's right? Anyway, we will for sure call you to watch the kids. It might not be for a while because Matt is mostly studying for boards right now and then he will be gone for a few months so no temple dates for us. But, when he gets back..... As for your memory, that was a actually a really fun night for me and if I were to post a memory of you it would also be that!

Sara said...

No fun that you have hypothyroidism, but what a relief to find out what has been causing you problems. Is it a pretty easy 'fix' then? Do you just have to take a pill every day for the rest of your life? Or is it more complicated than that?

Sara said...

Thank you so much for helping me out! It makes it so much easier to get things done when I don't have to take the crew along! Don't worry about the table!!! I was able to get the perm. marker off with pro-tek cleaner, rubbing alcohol and Mr. Clean magic eraser! (Not all at once, but used one at a time.) So, it's all good! Ü

Tina Crowther said...

Jenny! I have hypothyroidism too. They found it when I was eleven, and in young girls it's called hoshimodos... or something. I guess it's pretty common. It's not so bad taking a pill every morning. Good luck with your 5k plan! You can do it! Maybe I'll have Brant call about the bike?