A little update on things in Alpine. We are doing very well. The spring is here and its WONDERFUL! The reservoir is starting to go down a little bit, revealing the sand and marshes for our summer birds that will undoubtedly be here soon!
Jake is still enjoying his job. Its a small office, and they all get along really well. Which always makes a job better. He is still teaching the Gospel Essential Sunday School class. He does it so well and I know I've learned a lot from going every week. Each day I appreciate how hard he works!
I continue to look for a job. I've had several interviews here in Alpine as well as Jackson. I'll let you know if I get any of them! I spend my days cleaning and bird watching out the back windows. With Jake's new job, we have decent insurance now, so I went to the dentist this morning for the first time in many, many (nine) years. I was SO happy when she told me I didn't have any cavities! I had been bracing for the worst news.
We spend lots of time bird watching. We have many feeders in our back yard, and the reservoir is also practically in the backyard. When I go to Jackson with Jake, I spend a good portion of my day with my binoculars. I won't bore you with all of them. But you can check them out at our other blog.
Other than that, it has been very quiet. We have quickly fallen into the slower, more quiet lifestyle of Wyoming. I must say, that we are both a little surprised at how much we enjoy it here. We do miss the people that we used to associate with on a regular basis (thank goodness for facebook, email, telephones and blogs). But we really do enjoy it here! If any of you are ever in the area, we have spare bedrooms!
Thanks for continuing to read!
P.S.- I came across this article that I thought was so intriguing. Its about these bees that live alone, build nests out of flower petals, and only lay one egg. Pretty cool!
1 comment:
that is awesome you didn't have any cavities. I haven't been to the dentist in 10 years and I am so scared to go. We finally have insurance as well so I can afford to go now!!!
Post a Comment