22 June 2011

Taco Soup

 What do you get when you take a taco:


Plus soup?


You get Taco Soup!

Googled image. Not my soup.

I first learned about Taco Soup from a roommate, Brooke. When she first made it for us, I thought she was bonkers. Tacos in a soup. A bowl of taco? Gross. But it's heavenly, and I love it.

When Jake and I got married, he thought I was nutso, too.  Now we eat it several times a month. And then I eat it the next day for lunch.  It's usually just as good the second day. 

I know that many of you also eat taco soup. So here's my question for all of you. How do you make yours? What makes yours special? Here's my recipe:

1 lb  Browned Ground Turkey
1 Can Corn
1 Can Black Beans
1 Packet Taco Seasoning
1 Small Can of Tomato Sauce
1 Small Tomato Sauce Can of Water
About 1/2 Cup of Pureed Salsa

Simmer all ingredients for about a half hour. Serve with tortilla chips.  Sometimes I simmer all the liquid down so we can put it in a taco shell.
So easy, yet so delicious.

So what is different about your recipe???

2 comments:

Romney Family said...

i use 1 pkt of ranch dressing mix as well and can of tomato juice instead of the tomato sauce and water. we love this stuff too!!!!1

Brittney said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments once in a while on our blog. Good to hear from you.
My favorite recipe--Suuuuuuper easy because it's food storage friendly (hence it's vegetarian):

12 oz. can v8 juice
14 oz. can tomatoes
1 envelope ranch seasoning
1 can corn
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 can pinto beans
3 cups water
1 can black beans (or kidney)

Mix together and warm up.

Yummo!