Here's the loot Jake got. How old was he again? I love him.
He's been wanting the huge transformer since he was two, I'm sure. I'll post pictures before and after, after I can figure it out.
A couple of weeks ago, Jake requested a shark cake for his birthday. I have prided myself on my cake decorating skills, and thought, this won't be hard. I'll whip it out the day before, and it'll look great! Well, much to my chagrin, well, you'll see.
So here is the picture of a cute shark cake I found online. How cute is that?

Well, I looked at it, studied it, and tried to figure out how they did it. I really tried! Here is my first attempt.
Apparently I didn't read it close enough. And dang it for my moist cake touch. It wouldn't hold itself up if it had a million dollars! Anyway, I read what the girl said about her cake. It turns out she made it in a loaf pan. What a good idea! Why didn't I think of that? Well, that went in the garbage (after a good nibble). I decided to just do it on my own, and not look at other pictures. Here's how it turned out.
3 comments:
Awesome job on the shark cake. I am very impressed. :)
Yay! I didn't know you were a blogger, too! That is so exciting! That is an awesome cake! Do you have any tips for me making Samantha's cake?
hi Jenny! Sara told me about your blog. It's cute. I love the shark cake. Good job!
Post a Comment