03 March 2009

Planting Season!

Every year I always want to put lots of flowers around our house. I want to make lots of prettiness in our yard! But I'm cheap. I can't bring myself to spend $3 on four flowers. So this year I decided to grow my own! We went and bought one of those kits that you can grow your own starts to be planted in the spring. Well, I planted them Saturday afternoon. Here they are. Aren't they so beautiful! They were the kind that are wrapped in some biodegradable material and you just stick them in water till they expand, then shove a few seeds in them! When it comes time to plant, just stick them in the ground! Even I can do that!


So on Monday evening, I was checking them (for the 5000th time that day because I was so excited about them) and this is what I saw! After only three days, I have a sprout. This morning (Tuesday) it had two little leaves on it! I don't know if it was cheaper. But for all this it was about $15. And we got 50 starts out of it, so yeah I guess thats cheaper. I'll keep you all posted because I know you're all dieing to see them!




3 comments:

Sara said...

Hooray!!! That is so awesome! Are you planning on planting any veggies or fruit?

I am getting so excited to start working in my garden! It is one of my most favorite things about spring and summer! Then the harvest in the fall! Love it!!!

I might copy you and grow some flowers, too!

Jenny said...

I have two cucumber plants and two green pepper plants, too! Yummmmm!

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

That is so exciting. I am the same way when I plant, I check them several times a day to check their progress, even when I know they don't even have a chance to come up for weeks. I love to grow things!