However, my pride and joy is my cucumber plant! It sprouted about day two and hasn't stopped growing. At about ten days it was too tall for the planter, so I transplanted it into a cup and covered it with a milk jug. It is almost too tall for that now! I am loving the feeling of creating life from seed! I know, I didn't really do that much, but it still feels good, and I am very excited to plant them in a few weeks! Here is Porkchop enjoying my cucumber. I have to close the door to "his" room because he is constantly wanting to eat the plants. In fact, just moments after this photo was taken, I'm sorry to say, the little leaf took a little beating. But I think that it will survive. What a cat.
20 March 2009
Spring Blooms
Here is my little inside garden! Almost every little sprout spot has sprouted! I have marigolds, pansies and petunias sprouting! My green peppers finally sprouted out this week, but they sure took off and are one of the tallest! Can you tell which way the sun shines in? I think its funny they're all a little slanted. I turned it around so hopefully it'll straighten them out a little bit. 
However, my pride and joy is my cucumber plant! It sprouted about day two and hasn't stopped growing. At about ten days it was too tall for the planter, so I transplanted it into a cup and covered it with a milk jug. It is almost too tall for that now! I am loving the feeling of creating life from seed! I know, I didn't really do that much, but it still feels good, and I am very excited to plant them in a few weeks! Here is Porkchop enjoying my cucumber. I have to close the door to "his" room because he is constantly wanting to eat the plants. In fact, just moments after this photo was taken, I'm sorry to say, the little leaf took a little beating. But I think that it will survive. What a cat.
However, my pride and joy is my cucumber plant! It sprouted about day two and hasn't stopped growing. At about ten days it was too tall for the planter, so I transplanted it into a cup and covered it with a milk jug. It is almost too tall for that now! I am loving the feeling of creating life from seed! I know, I didn't really do that much, but it still feels good, and I am very excited to plant them in a few weeks! Here is Porkchop enjoying my cucumber. I have to close the door to "his" room because he is constantly wanting to eat the plants. In fact, just moments after this photo was taken, I'm sorry to say, the little leaf took a little beating. But I think that it will survive. What a cat.
1 comment:
Poor cucumber plant! That is awesome that you are doing an inside garden. I've always wanted to garden, but I have no idea what to do. I might be bugging you for advice when (and if) I ever do it :-)
Post a Comment