16 December 2009

Wyoming and Jackson


I can honestly say, I never thought I would really enjoy Wyoming. But, I am quickly falling for Wyoming and Jackson. Here are some random pictures I wanted to share. In no particular order. Some of them came out kind of small, so if you click them, I think they'll get bigger.

Jackson square decorated for Christmas, very pretty.

A winter sleigh ride.

Autumn, along the Snake River, what I though was my favorite time of the year.

Then I came here in the winter, and it so beautiful!

This is me after a week of snowboarding.
Not really, but we plan to take snowboarding up next winter. I'm so excited!

A giant, pretty fish. I don't know what it is, so don't ask me, please.

Did I mention that winter is so beautiful here? Everywhere you go is in the mountains, or along the river, or a stream. And the trees are awesomely pretty.

We are antsy to be able to get our bikes out.
Look how happy this guy looks!

A family of bears. Need I say more about that?

The only thing I don't really care for is that everything is cowboy.
So many log cabins and brown buildings. I suppose I'll get used to it. I still don't want to ride horses and slop pigs though.

Just a really pretty picture.

This is us in the summer when we were up for a family reunion. I'm the one on the far side in the red. Not really. This isn't us at all. There's a lot of rafting out here. I have a weird fear of the water. Well, I know why I'm afraid of water, but that's another story. But it sure looks fun, though, doesn't it?

The acclaimed arches at Jackson square. I heard the rebuild them every year. I don't know if that's true or not. But they're pretty cool.

One last picture of beautiful winter.

And some marmots we met on a picnic.

P.S. I did not take, nor am I affiliated with anyone who took any of these pictures. I just really like them. And I don't know any marmots.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Those are so amazingly beautiful pictures!!!

Johnson Family said...

Jackson Hole really is a beautiful place. I have to admit though, I have always loved fall there the most. I love driving on the winding roads and just soaking it all in. I am glad you are loving it there!

Brittany Celeste said...

You are soooooo funny! You keep that sense of humor hidden so well sometimes and then it just comes pouring out. I loved all of the "not reallys"!!! Anything new with the house situation? I am glad you are loving Wyoming.