Well, we finally moved! We moved on Saturday to Alpine. We haven't sold our house yet, so we are renting for now. The weeks of driving back and forth, living in hotels, and being apart just go to be too much, so here we are! Here is the little house we are renting. Its not too bad. I don't know where we got all of this stuff!
This is the view off the back porch looking east into the Bridger Teton Forest (I'm 75% sure thats the name of the forest).
Here's south east off the back porch:
Out the front looking south west:
and just out:

I went out to the post office this morning and almost got stuck! So I came back and shoveled the walk and almost died of exhaustion! First on our list: A Snow Blower!! We got eight inches yesterday, 16 inches last weekend, and however much before that. That's a lot of snow! We are liking it here, although it is a bit of adjustment.
1. The local market closes at 9. For the last four years, we have lived around the corner from the 24 hour Walmart. And we used it 24 hours! We will have to plan things a little better!
2. The don't deliver mail here, we have to get a post office box. Last week I called twenty different places to change our mailing addresses. I have to call them all back with the new box number. Plus, we can't just poke our noses out the front door to the mailbox!
3. There isn't a church in Alpine. I know that there are people in the world who walk for hours to go to church each week. I'm not complaining, just talking about the difference and adjustment. Our ward building is ten miles down the road, and I don't even know where the stake center is, probably another county. Very different than the two minute drive. So that is different!
I have to give a BIG shout out to our new ward! I gave them a call to see if they could help us unload our stuff. Well, we had some trailer problems at the bottom of Swan Valley pass and had to stop. We were stuck! Well, the ward called to see what time we were arriving, and I told them I wasn't sure and explained our problems. A little while later three elders arrived (about a 40 minute drive) with an extra trailer to help us out! When we got to the house, there were ten more guys waiting to give us help! Words cannot express our gratitude! Thank you so much!
Welcome to Wyoming!
I went out to the post office this morning and almost got stuck! So I came back and shoveled the walk and almost died of exhaustion! First on our list: A Snow Blower!! We got eight inches yesterday, 16 inches last weekend, and however much before that. That's a lot of snow! We are liking it here, although it is a bit of adjustment.
1. The local market closes at 9. For the last four years, we have lived around the corner from the 24 hour Walmart. And we used it 24 hours! We will have to plan things a little better!
2. The don't deliver mail here, we have to get a post office box. Last week I called twenty different places to change our mailing addresses. I have to call them all back with the new box number. Plus, we can't just poke our noses out the front door to the mailbox!
3. There isn't a church in Alpine. I know that there are people in the world who walk for hours to go to church each week. I'm not complaining, just talking about the difference and adjustment. Our ward building is ten miles down the road, and I don't even know where the stake center is, probably another county. Very different than the two minute drive. So that is different!
I have to give a BIG shout out to our new ward! I gave them a call to see if they could help us unload our stuff. Well, we had some trailer problems at the bottom of Swan Valley pass and had to stop. We were stuck! Well, the ward called to see what time we were arriving, and I told them I wasn't sure and explained our problems. A little while later three elders arrived (about a 40 minute drive) with an extra trailer to help us out! When we got to the house, there were ten more guys waiting to give us help! Words cannot express our gratitude! Thank you so much!
Welcome to Wyoming!
7 comments:
I forgot to thank our Idaho Falls ward! They really came out in mass to help us. Thank you! I'm sure you'll be glad to be rid of us! JK
And Jake's friend NIK is the most awesome of all! He took an entire Saturday, hauled our junk, sat in the cold for HOURS reloading our stuff, and was so good to help us. Thank you!
Wow...what differences... especially the snow. Yep...gotta get a snowblower.
Good luck getting everything in place!!
Jenny~of course you count!! How fun!! I love being able to catch up with people who I haven't seen in years through the internet. Your house is nice. It looks like you are doing well. Casie has told me you were married and living in Idaho but now Wyoming. Anyway, I will be adding you to my blog list!!Jessie
The views outside your home are breathtaking. I am glad you guys are getting settled there and that you have such a great ward. How fun!
I love he view but not jealous of the snow. Wow, didn't realize Alpine got so much. We hope you come to visit sometime. Enjoy your new home!
I'm glad you guys made it up there. The views are beautiful! Hope you get settled soon and good luck with everything! :)
It was great to talk to you to and I love reading about the adjustments/differences of your new home. The gooo, the bad, and the great! Hope things continue to go well for you both!
Post a Comment