17 October 2011

Friends

 This past weekend, my dear friend Lindsey got married. Our little group of high school friends have always had a tradition of getting together for food when another gets married. It's the one sad thing about getting married. You miss the friend get together. Boo. Anyway, I was perusing some pictures and found an pair that were very similar.  Check it:

Megan, Me, Jenn, Kira, Lindsey
 This first picture was taken eight or nine, maybe ten years ago at a get together. Look how little we were!

Fast forward to this weekend.

Megan, Jenn, Me, Kira
Breakfast at Smitty's.

I was comparing these two pictures. There are definitely similarities. We are all still ourselves. We still have our own styles and personalities. But I can't help but look at this picture and think how happy we all look.  The smiles are bigger! Between the four of us, there's seven kids and four good and happy and loving husbands.  We are all so happy!

I love having a group of friends that I have known forever. I love the familiarity of getting together and picking up where we left off years earlier. It's just nice.

No comments: