21 July 2010

Those are some BIG skeeters!!


We have discovered the one drawback of living practically in the reservoir. It is the giant, sheer number of mosquitoes! The mornings are manageable. But the evenings are almost unbearable! Since we've gotten here, I've gotten more bites than I think I have in the rest of my entire life! And poor Jake!

I was going to post a picture of a bite, but I found them too disgusting to share. So here is an up close view of a little buggar:


Cute? I think not!
We've gotten a bug light that helps in the evenings.
I can't believe how many it gets, and how many we still have! Gross.


We've gotten great use out our brand new tube of anti-itchy stuff.

But I want to share what we have found that has helped us a lot!

Well, there is the traditional bug repellent. This stuff works good, but it just stinks so bad.


This kind smells better. Not good, but better for sure.


But what I want to share with you, are these:

OFF Clip-Ons


I found a great coupon on the OFF Website. We got these for camping last weekend, but didn't use them because everyone was doped up, so we all just sat really close. Anyway, last night, we were sitting on the back porch waiting for the owls to come back and we were being just attacked. Jake went in and got one of these and sat it between us. Almost instantly we had relief. There wasn't a mosquito within five feet of us. It makes a slight whirring noise, but that's all. We could still hear each other talking just fine. And there was no nasty smells! It worked great. So much better than the candles and sprays. I don't know how it works when you're moving, but for just sitting it was great! I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

Wow. Those are big skeeters. Not fun. Hope they stay away from ya as much as possible.