I messed up a little bit last week and did third grade, skipping second grade. So here is my backtrack.
Here I am at seven/eight.
Look how short my bangs were?
They aren't very straight either.
I'm wondering if they were that short on purpose...?

Significant things that happened around this time:
I have always gotten motion sick so easily. I had to go home several time because I would swing on the swings and they would make me so sick! I don't know why I would even get on them. Maybe because EVERYONE waited at least part of their recess for a chance on them, and I always wanted to because it was fun. But kind of scary. I wish they would have had Dramamine for kids back then.
One recess, we were having a contest to see who could spin in a circle the longest. It was being refereed by one of the girls in my class. Looking back, I think she had ulterior motives. Everyone just stood there spinning in circles. She was egging us on to keep us going. When someone would quit, she would make fun of them, and I didn't want her to make fun of me. So I kept going. And going. And going. I was so sick! When the bell rang, I stopped and promptly tipped over onto my head! For some reason, 20 years later, I can still see the ground coming toward me. Fast! I remember hitting my head on the asphalt. I hit so hard, and got the biggest goose egg on my forehead. I'm surprised I didn't crack my skull open. It bled a lot. I sat for the rest of the afternoon with an ice pack on my head and a giant headache. They probably should have sent me home. But at least I didn't have to do math that afternoon!
I was so easily influenced by others to do stupid things. Ruh Roh!
Here I am at seven/eight.
Look how short my bangs were?
They aren't very straight either.
I'm wondering if they were that short on purpose...?

Significant things that happened around this time:
- I learned my multiplication tables.
- There was another Jenny in my class, so I was referred to as "Jenny L." They should find another system for those cases.
- I was baptized on 11 August 1990. I can remember my interview with Bishop Huntsman, I loved him, he was always the nicest fellow. I had to get people to give talks. I was scared to ask people. I had to be dunked twice because my feet went flying up. Apparently. I invited my Uncle, who isn't active, and he didn't come. When I asked him about it, I told him he could come next time. His response was, "You only get baptized once, Jen" I said, "I know." Even at an early age, I learned the art of guilting people.
I have always gotten motion sick so easily. I had to go home several time because I would swing on the swings and they would make me so sick! I don't know why I would even get on them. Maybe because EVERYONE waited at least part of their recess for a chance on them, and I always wanted to because it was fun. But kind of scary. I wish they would have had Dramamine for kids back then.
One recess, we were having a contest to see who could spin in a circle the longest. It was being refereed by one of the girls in my class. Looking back, I think she had ulterior motives. Everyone just stood there spinning in circles. She was egging us on to keep us going. When someone would quit, she would make fun of them, and I didn't want her to make fun of me. So I kept going. And going. And going. I was so sick! When the bell rang, I stopped and promptly tipped over onto my head! For some reason, 20 years later, I can still see the ground coming toward me. Fast! I remember hitting my head on the asphalt. I hit so hard, and got the biggest goose egg on my forehead. I'm surprised I didn't crack my skull open. It bled a lot. I sat for the rest of the afternoon with an ice pack on my head and a giant headache. They probably should have sent me home. But at least I didn't have to do math that afternoon!
I was so easily influenced by others to do stupid things. Ruh Roh!
1 comment:
Jenny, This is how I most remember you! Look how little and cute!
PS-The favorite movie on my blog is "Sixteen Candles". It is classic.
Post a Comment