16 March 2010

Birds of Wyoming

One of the great things about Wyoming, is that everywhere is pretty much the great outdoors. So everywhere you go, the wildlife is fantastic. We live a mile from an Elk Refuge (A side note, as I was typing, I mistyped and put Elf Refuge. I laughed really hard at the thought and pictured Elves huddled around fires following the trucks that are passing out food. I thought it was pretty funny). So whenever we drive by, there are hundreds of elk smiling at us.

Well, as many of you know, we are bird watchers so I wanted to share some pictures of the birds we've seen in about the last week, just doing our thing. So here are some of their pictures.


Hooded Merganser: Jake saw it in the river on his way to work


Common Merganser: Just floating by with his Chica


Swans: Can't tell what kind, but we regularly see large flocks fly over the house and road.


Ravens: I know, gross. But we didn't have Ravens in Idaho Falls.


Mountain Bluebird: Landed about 15 feet from me as a stopped my bike to look at it. Beautiful!



Horned Lark: We've seen these in Rexburg, but never this subspecies.



Gray Partridge: We regularly scare these guys up from the grasses across the street. They're pretty cool.


Bunny Bird: If you were patient enough to read through this entire post, you get to see the most rare and elusive bird of Wyoming. The Bunny Bird.

Hope you enjoyed our birds!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I LOVE the bunny bird! So funny!