05 March 2010

Fruit Roll Ups

I had a couple of pounds of strawberries that needed to be eaten, so I decided to make them into roll ups. I found this recipe online and decided to try it. We just got a food dehydrator so I was excited to try it out. Have any of you tried to put liquid into your dehydrator? Even with the saran wrap, it ran all over the place, kitchen was a mess. So I decided to put it in the oven (like the recipe said...oops). If you make this recipe, I would suggest to be sure that your pan has a flat, level bottom. The one I used wasn't quite flat, so the edges were done way before the inside was. Good luck, they were yummy!

2 comments:

cressfamily said...

Hey there is actually a fruit roll up insert that you can get for your dehyrated that helps alot. We also use it on the bottome when we make jerky... a little less messy means less clean up.

Jenny said...

Seriously? Where do you get it?