25 March 2010

Good Morning!

Every morning, between 3:00 and 4:30 AM, this is what I wake up to:Jenny? Jenny? Hey, Jenny! Are you awake? I'm hungry!


This is what he wants:

You may say, why do you get up so early? Why don't you just close the bedroom door? Why don't you just ignore him? Why don't you adjust his schedule so he doesn't want food that early?

Well, let me just tell you. Ignoring him doesn't work. The meows get loud. When I say loud, I mean, jet liner passing over the house loud. Then the claws come out and he starts to claw at me. Sometimes he rubs his little wet nose all over my face and makes me smell like cat boogers. Sometimes, he will simply plop down on my chest until I wake up. Then when I do, "MROW!"

And we can't close the door, then the screams get louder. And the door starts to shake as he tries to get in the bedroom.
PS- His poohut is in the master bathroom (there is literally nowhere else to put it), so if we closed the door, that could lead to terrible consequences...

Plus, since we've moved, and he's trying to adjust as well. The last few weeks, he would scarf up his breakfast, inhaled. Then he would puke it up. So I would be up later cleaning up cat puke off of our rented carpet. So, now I give him a little bit until he inhales it, and make sure he doesn't puke it up. Then I give him the rest that he comes back for later.

Then he plays for a couple of hours. Mostly pulling open drawers, chasing rattle mice, playing in shoeboxes, chasing Q-tips, or anything that makes lots of noise.

Then he sleeps till noon.

No comments: