In the Last Year:
1. Knowing that Jake loves me lots and lots and that no matter how things were going, we would end up together in the end.
2. I have wonderful friends in Idaho Falls who totally helped me survive while Jake was gone, and the people in Wyoming are awesome and helped out to us before we even lived here!
3. The opportunity to serve in the church saved my sanity on more than one occasion. I got to serve in Idaho Falls as long as possible, and then here in Wyoming has helped immensely. It's helped me get to know the people in the area. It also helped me remember how much I love the gospel and everything involved with it.
Here's to another wonderful year!
- Jake applied for a new job
- A week later he interviewed for said job
- One week later he got the job
- Two weeks later, and one year ago today, he started his new job
- We put our house up for sale
- Jake commuted to Jackson weekly
- Jake lived in a hotel for three of the last twelve months
- I was released from my most favorite calling in the YW
- I went to Jackson with Jake several times
- Our car kicked the bucket and we had to get a truck
- We moved to Wyoming without selling our house
- We rented a house in Wyoming for six months
- It snowed and snowed. And snowed.
- Spring came and the snow was GONE!
- Got new church callings
- We sold our house on tax day
- Had an awesome weekend in Provo for our anniversary
- We spent a wonderful summer biking and enjoying Wyoming
- Got more church callings
- Got WY license plates, licenses, and a WY phone number
- Been invited to dinner more times in 9 months than 10 years
- Made an offer on an house
- SIX weeks later we moved into our house
- Drove 1,000 miles to our first WY college football game
- Made a gazillion new, awesome friends
1. Knowing that Jake loves me lots and lots and that no matter how things were going, we would end up together in the end.
2. I have wonderful friends in Idaho Falls who totally helped me survive while Jake was gone, and the people in Wyoming are awesome and helped out to us before we even lived here!
3. The opportunity to serve in the church saved my sanity on more than one occasion. I got to serve in Idaho Falls as long as possible, and then here in Wyoming has helped immensely. It's helped me get to know the people in the area. It also helped me remember how much I love the gospel and everything involved with it.
Here's to another wonderful year!
1 comment:
I loved reading about your last year! What wonderful and new and stressful situations you went through, but I feel like your blog is eeking your happiness. Hopefully that is the truth and not just wishful thinking, but you do seem so content with WY and where you are now. I'm happy for you. Sometimes leaving what's comfortable is the best experience.
Post a Comment