29 April 2011

Anniversary Partay!

 In Jackson, it pretty much dies in the off seasons of Fall and Spring.  A lot of the resorts offer the locals awesome deals to entice them to come and stay. 

This year for our anniversary, we were enticed. 

Oh man, it was so wonderful!



So here's the deal that we got:
  • A Condo Suite: One of four in each building.  Super fancy with an AWESOME view, a fireplace and a giant bed. At the height of summer, it goes for $360 a night.
  • Dinner: Very fancy, four courses, white table clothes, etc and so very good. I had Fillet Mignon, Jake had a New York Strip Steak.  A fancy dinner that totaled $105.
  • Breakfast: Also super fancy with juice. And bacon. It totaled $27.
  • Total: What was the total for this $500 night? $119!! 

I have to say, the whole thing was a very posh for us, but we really enjoyed it!  



Here's a little pond. There were cabins all around, so went by it every time we were out. And there were ducks in it, right up our alley! Oh yeah, it was frigidly cold. And windy. And it blizzarded on us.


 
Here is the fireplace in our room. I so wish I could turn the pictures on here. They should fix that.  We went outside and collected the wood, already chopped off the front porch.


We weren't paying attention to they dying fire, and we filled the room with smoke. We came home smelling like camp fire.  It was weird though because we left the balcony door open a little bit when we went to sleep. When we woke up, it was closed and locked. Neither one of us remembers closing the door... weird...



Here's the view looking North off of our balcony.  The blue mountains in the distance are the Tetons. We were crazy close, and I must admit I was a little sad the weather didn't really let us see them. If you squint, you can see the airport. We watched planes take off in the night.


 More awesome views. I think we were about 1000 feet off the valley floor. Everybody looks like little ants down there!


 Coming down off the mountain.




 Looking up at where we just were. 



It looks so tiny all the way up there!

We stopped at the Yellowstone/Teton Visitor's Center in Jackson to do some bird watching. It was a beautiful, and COLD, morning. We saw some fun birds, but didn't last very long.  Did I mention it was cold??


Isn't he a cutey?

Happy eight years, my sweet! 
I love you!

No comments: