15 April 2011

Todos Los Ninos


Okay, before you judge, let me explain.
Many years, ago, I used to tend my sweet friend Brittany's baby. Now he's like fourty and my hair is gray. But during this time, he was on a schedule. Nap, eat, wake, nap, eat, wake, etc.  Somewhere in there, nap time landed at 11:00.  The time of All My Children.  So I would watch.  I quickly got wrapped up in the characters, their lives and the story lines.  

  

I had my favorite characters, and my least favorite characters. I had my favorite story lines, and my not so favorite lines. 


I really like Bianca and Reece. But I hated that they got married. Enough said.

 I was stuck to the TV to find out who shot Adam/Stuart. 


I never expected to see who did it!

And somebody was always mad at somebody because they were doing something or had schemed to do something.



Fast forward to about a year and a half ago.  Jake was gone working in Jackson during the week. I was home alone all day, all week by myself. Looking back I was having some serious anxiety/depression about everything. But during this time, All My Children was on my daily routine.  I cried when they cried, and laughed when they laughed. Most of the time, I could predict where the story was going.  I seriously felt like I knew these people. Is that so lame? 

I don't watch as much these days.

Fast forward to yesterday.

They announced that it would be canceled in the Fall.  I didn't cry, because then I really would have a serious problem. But I must admit that I was sad. Not only because I had been watching forever, but it seems almost like an institution. Forty years is a long time.  I'm just guessing that their are people out there that have been watching for the entire forty years.  How does that make them feel? It's like a best friend was just ripped from their daily house.

What will happen when all the Soap Operas are gone?

Now you can judge me.

No comments: