For the last SIX months, I've been wearing shoes very similar to these:
They have great traction and rubber around the bottoms to keep moisture at bay.
Many other days I would also don these:
These are my actual snow boots. They aren't glamorous, but my gosh they do the job. Several times this winter I was hoofing it through two or more feet of snow as I plowed us out. They're from my college days, circa 2002. I think I got them at Cal Ranch. I needed some snow boots for the Christmas Bird Count when I hiked around the marshes/snow fields of Madison County, Idaho looking for birds with a couple of my college professors. Good times. Theses boots have held up fabulously and are still in perfect condition. I see no new snow boots in my immediate future.
Which is kind of unfortunate, because look how cute these are!
But after SIX very long months of winter, I had a breakthrough yesterday.
I got to wear REAL shoes! The were not insulated and they were not rubber soled for traction (well, they may have been rubber soled, but the traction has long since worn off). And, I wore ankle socks with them and it was wonderful!
These aren't my actual shoes, but I think they're quite lovely.
When my current shoes wear out, this is my next pair:
They crack me up. Imagine the looks you'd get?
Or if you slammed your toe in the door, you totally wouldn't feel it!
I wish they made these in my size, and not just for my big toe.
And check these out:
Do you think they come in blue?







1 comment:
these shoes are so funny. you make me laugh
Post a Comment