26 August 2011

Gift Cards

Sometimes giving gifts is so hard. Especially for parents. Like they really need anything, right??

So we resort to gift cards. 

Gift cards are great, and can be great to give and get. But it's so sad and boring to just hand somebody an envelope. I love getting something I can open.


I love Pinterest. I've found some awesome ideas (stay tuned for my homemade soap) and check daily to see what else people have come up with!

So here's how to package your gift cards.


They're like little snow globes! Love it!

Here's how it goes.
Get a glass jar. She used a mason jar, I used a different jar. I can't tell you that they may or may not have been from fudge. Then you would judge me. So I won't tell you that.

Start by hot gluing the card to the bottom of the lid.

This picture kinda makes my hand look like a claw. 

Then take a pack of confetti. Creative Mama used glitter. The confetti was cheaper, so it won.


 Put the amount you want into the jar.


Fill it all the way to the brim of the jar with water. 



It was like... magic!
(name that movie!)



Some of the stars gobbed together with little air bubbles, but it still looked cool.

I think they turned out really cute. Jake's mom laughed, but I think she liked it. I'm not sure Jake is convinced that it was a good idea. 

I think they're awesome!


A word of caution. We still have a little while before giving the Olive Garden one away.  The confetti may have colored the water purpley/pink. So if you don't want colored water, don't do it til you plan on giving it.

4 comments:

DQ said...

With the hot glue I'd be careful not to hurt the magnetic strip

Boyters said...

It is from Sleepless in Seattle!!!! do I win a prize? I will totally have to make some of these!!!!!

Jenny said...

AnnieLaurie~ It is from Sleepless in Seattle! And you win...pride? A wonderful movie!

DeeDee- You only need a tiny bit of glue. If you get it on the strip, you used too much!

Sara said...

So creative!!! And fun!! Love it!