01 August 2011

A Painted House

 We jumped in with one of our big summer projects, staining our house. It needed it something fierce. I don't think it had been done since it was built, many years ago. 

We had this weird rectangle over the garage. We aren't entirely sure what it was from. I think it was too big to be a basketball hoop. I think it was the first house in our subdivision, so they put up a banner of some sort. But we don't know. Either way, it was there and annoyed us.

See the weird rectangle?
It was just kind of sad and faded.

But look how the lawn's starting to come in!
So here are the afters. I think it turned out really well.



You can still sort of see the rectangle, turns out the textures were different from weathering different.
There it is, so pretty!  Now we just need some bushes and some more trees.


And we're staring to get our dirt. After the sprinklers get put it, we'll put it down and perhaps actually get a yard!

Four little piles of dirt.

No comments: