12 March 2010

Change

I don't handle change well. I never really have. When I graduated high school and went to college, I didn't do well. I had to come home every weekend. I ended up retaking most of the classes of my freshman year so I could get better grades. After my sophomore year, I cried for several weeks because my favorite roommates of all time were all gone to other schools and I had to start over with new roommates in a new house, not entirely sure what I was going to do. I got over that when I got to know my new roommates and figured things out and got a new routine. Even when we got married I stressed a little bit. I loved being married, but everybody knows that it is an adjustment. I don't remember stressing when we moved to our other house, mostly because I wasn't sad about leaving Rexburg. Now that we have moved again, I have stressed. I've been so anxious and just don't know what to do with myself. I think part of it is that I know we are going to be moving again after we sell our house. Oh yeah, we haven't sold our house yet, that doesn't help either. Part of it is also because I left some very dear friends that I miss desperately, wonderful neighbors and ward, a set routine, and a house I loved! Before we left, the Bishop gave a really good talk about not looking back, and not yearning for things of the past, moving forward and progressing in whatever situation we are in. We've met so many nice people here, and we live in a nice house, in a VERY beautiful area. We both have callings and are involved. I guess we're getting into a routine of things. Its been really nice having Jake home every night. And he really likes his new job. So, I guess I don't really have much to complain about. Change builds us up, right? But I really miss my friends.

4 comments:

Melissa Mitchell said...

We really miss you to, but I am so glad you are doing great things with your life. What calling do you guys have?

Jenny said...

Jake is the gospel principle Sunday school teacher, and I'm the RS pianist.

Sara said...

We miss you too! Just like Melissa, I am exciting that things are going good in your life! It sounds like you have a wonderful ward! Having Jake enjoy is job is such a blessing! We should have a get-together when the weather gets nice! :)

Romney Family said...

Jenny~ having just moved here 2 months ago I know how you feel. CHange is hard on all of us even my kids had a hard time. after living in a place for so many years having such good friends it is hard to leave. But what a great talk your Bishop gave. We shouldn't look back we should make the best of our new situations and surroundings but it is still hard.