I found this yummy recipe for Pumpkin Swirl Bread. This is the picture that came with recipe, doesn't it look yummy??

If you want to just skip down, the recipe is on the bottom, or you can go here.
I get great satisfaction from my home ground wheat, as I'm sure you do also.

Look how pretty and light it is? I ground it on super fine, mostly because it's easier for me to eat if it's not chunky. Just the way it is.

I always say it's easier, more fun, and just better to eat your food when it's pretty. So here it is starting out breathtaking!

I forgot to take pictures during most of the mixing process. This is the only one I got, when it's all rolled out with the sugar after rising once.

Here's the final loaf! Very pretty, and I must say, the entire house smelled beyond heavenly. I woke up in the middle of the night and could still smell it and it made me so hungry!

I didn't get to cut into it because I delivered these loaves around, but I did have a slice and I can tell you it was very, very yummy, and it looked just like that picture up top! A great seasonal bread!
PS-The second time I made it, I quadrupled the cinnamon, and added some nutmeg.
Here is the recipe:
If you want to just skip down, the recipe is on the bottom, or you can go here.
I get great satisfaction from my home ground wheat, as I'm sure you do also.
Look how pretty and light it is? I ground it on super fine, mostly because it's easier for me to eat if it's not chunky. Just the way it is.
I always say it's easier, more fun, and just better to eat your food when it's pretty. So here it is starting out breathtaking!
I forgot to take pictures during most of the mixing process. This is the only one I got, when it's all rolled out with the sugar after rising once.
Here's the final loaf! Very pretty, and I must say, the entire house smelled beyond heavenly. I woke up in the middle of the night and could still smell it and it made me so hungry!
I didn't get to cut into it because I delivered these loaves around, but I did have a slice and I can tell you it was very, very yummy, and it looked just like that picture up top! A great seasonal bread!
PS-The second time I made it, I quadrupled the cinnamon, and added some nutmeg.
Here is the recipe:
Ingredients
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup raisins
FILLING:- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, sugar and yeast. Beat in the warm water, pumpkin, applesauce and oil just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a firm dough. Add raisins.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into an 18-in. x 9-in. rectangle; brush with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
3 comments:
OOOO!!! It looks amazing!! Too bad we are not neighbors still, because I would love to have some delivered to my door!! :)
That flour looks awesome! I wish I had a wheat grinder!
Okay, can I just say YUM!!! Looks great. I am excited to try the recipe. :)
Looks so yummy! I', going to have to try that.
Post a Comment