24 October 2010

Hmmm....


Hmmm....

Junior year was decent. I had nearly a 4.0 all year, I had leadership positions in several clubs, I was dating and playing around every night. I loved to hang out anywhere but home with my friends.

Jenn and I had our infamous Stats nights where we would study our statistics homework, and then it would turn into our chat nights where we didn't get much done at all, just girl talk and deep conversations. One night, Megan had the nerve to come with us and we actually had to study. For rude!

Jessica and I took many trips to Zuka Juice (Jamba) and to Barnes and Noble where we would sit in their cushy chairs, or in the corner on the floor, and have what I'm sure were also very deep and meaningful conversations. In the winter we would get the hot chocolate with real whip cream, oh so heavenly!

Jake just told me about when he was a Junior in High School, he decided to quit the football team, so him and his friend Nik were out driving around one game night. While they were driving, they were listening to the game on the radio when they heard the announcer say, "Jacob Ricks with the return!" Some how somebody was wearing his jersey, or the announcer got mixed up and put him in the game when he was out driving around! I think that's just great!

Anyway, back to meh.

The summer after my Junior Year, I attended Girl's State. I had a great time and learned a lot about citizenship and our government and things. I learned a lot about the importance of voting and being active in those types of things. But I realized how much I strongly dislike debating, governmental procedures, government in general, and anything else that pertains to that sort of thing. Bleck. But I'm glad that I got the opportunity to go! It sure looks good on stuff (resumes, etc), even now, 10 years later!

After I got back from Girls State, I got my first job. My first job was at McDonalds. That's right, I was one of them. Actually, several of my friends also worked at several McDonald's around town, so it was good to compare notes. I have to say I really loved working there! Once I got over the actual, "Oh my gosh, I work at McDonald's" feeling, I really got into it. I was quickly promoted to a trainer, and everybody there loved me. After many, many years of just being a face in the crowd in my town, I was working somewhere where it seemed that pretty much everyone actually seemed to like me, and I felt popular! I was good at my job and felt appreciated. And I loved it! However with that came a slight amount of over confidence.
*Sheepish Smile*
I got asked out by lots of boys, and I went out with lots of boys. Some of them probably weren't who I would bring home to my mom. And I didn't. I never did anything too terrible, but was slightly boy crazy by this time. I stayed out late with friends from work till the wee hours of the morning, driving all over the place. We drove up the Kelly Canyon ski resort several times looking for animals. ??? I don't know why. We would cruse the main drag in town, trying to pick up on dudes. We never did much with them. But looking back I think, how idiotic was I??

Anyway, as that summer ended and I went back to school, I went back with a new confidence, and I felt different. It was good, but I was still just a face. I think my new confidence and others maturing as well, changed some of our relationships. But more on that later!

I managed to survive though!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You worked at the one by Fred Meyer right? I think your McDonalds must have been better than mine. Was it with you that I made a pact that we would never go back to work at McDonalds?