
I'm having trouble coming up with a great story about eighth grade or 1995/1996.
Things that happened during this time period:
- My parents divorced
- I attended Girl's Camp and pretty much hated it (don't be mean, girls!)
- My mom and I moved into a little apartment in Shelley
- My mom remarried
- I met and became friends with Blake (how do ya like that shout out?)
Chris got his driver's license around this time. He always refused to give me a ride to school. I still had to walk down our long muddy road to catch the bus. We stopped hanging out together as much because it was not cool to hang with your sister.
When I was at Girl's Camp, most of the group went voluntarily went on an non-required hike. A friend and I decided to hang back and have a shower. There were always pranks going on, although, I was never the perpetrator because I didn't want to make people feel bad. Anyway, at this particular Girl's Camp, there were several shower stalls. Some of the older girls were upset about a prank that was played on them earlier, so I think they just needed to take it out on somebody. While we were showering, they brought in the hoses and sprayed us down (VERY cold!) and dumped packages of red jello on us. Luckily the jello rinsed off. But that always stuck with me with that particular ward. I think that was the last year I went to camp as a youth.
Sorry there isn't much to share this year. I've got a couple good ones for next week though!
When I was at Girl's Camp, most of the group went voluntarily went on an non-required hike. A friend and I decided to hang back and have a shower. There were always pranks going on, although, I was never the perpetrator because I didn't want to make people feel bad. Anyway, at this particular Girl's Camp, there were several shower stalls. Some of the older girls were upset about a prank that was played on them earlier, so I think they just needed to take it out on somebody. While we were showering, they brought in the hoses and sprayed us down (VERY cold!) and dumped packages of red jello on us. Luckily the jello rinsed off. But that always stuck with me with that particular ward. I think that was the last year I went to camp as a youth.
Sorry there isn't much to share this year. I've got a couple good ones for next week though!
1 comment:
Sounds like some pretty serious highs (me) and lows. Kids can be asses. In 9th grade, some kids put an onion deep in my locker where I never looked. It rotted and made all my stuff smell like onions most of the year. Not awesome. Shelley bred some idiots.
Post a Comment