
Freshman year of High School/Jr. High was a lot of fun. I remember starting to hang out with friends, listening to real music (not old people, parent music), playing school sports, working on the yearbook committee... Lots of different activities. And I remember really enjoying it!
This year I played Freshman Volleyball and ran track. On one particular Volleyball trip, the song "Insensitive" by Jann Arden came on and the entire team of volleyball players busted out the entire song.
Anna and I always used to pair up during drills, leaving our other friend to be stuck with the last player picked, a kind of nerdy girl. We were never mean to her, but we didn't go out of our way to be her friend. And sometimes she didn't smell very good. Sorry, Lindsey.
Anna and I used to slack during track practice every day. I really enjoyed running the hurdles, but was really stinky at them. Anna tripped over one once and broke her wrist. Oops. At one meet, my coach made me run the 300 Meter hurdles. I had never even practiced that race. Anyway, I ended up coming in fourth! Except, you guessed it, there were only four people in the race. While everyone took off, I was left in their dust. I really should have been disqualified, because I ended up running around a couple of the hurdles at the far end of the track, thinking that nobody was watching, because I was SO far behind! Anyway, as I was coming up the last 100 M, passing all the bleachers, I couldn't run around the hurdles because they started to line up together. As I was coming up to the very last one, I had absolutely no energy left. As I lifted my leg to jump it, somehow I ended up smearing myself all over the track. I got some serious track burn. But everyone was cheering for me, so I HAD to get up and finish. Ugh. Very embarrassing. I don't remember being embarrassed, just relieved to be finished!
My dear friend was in love with a boy named Rayce. As we would pass notes back and forth, I would tease her, "You know you love Rayce!" One day, our note was intercepted by our less than genius teacher. She read, "You know you love Rayce?" I said, "Yeah, it's a song!" She totally fell for it! Unfortunately, this same boy was in our class. Everyone but the teacher knew exactly what was going on! Poor, poor girl.
I could go on and on with small, funny stories about Freshman year.
Do you have any fun memories of me from this time??
4 comments:
Rayce Russell or Rayce Bird?
It was a certain Rayce Bird.
Jenny- Your blog makes me think of all the fun times we had!! Thanks for the laugh today!!!
Post a Comment