How can something so simply yummy,
and so wrinkly?I mean, look at it? Have you ever looked at it up close? Click on it, and study it. Now I dare you not to! Bwahaha!
Well, I can't say that I entirely hate them.
When we worked in the nursery, we would feed the kids raisins. They all loved them!
Occasionally while I'm baking, if I drop one on the counter, I'll pop it into my mouth. I gotta say, don't really love them plain, by themselves. Not my cup of tea. Or raisins.
When we worked in the nursery, we would feed the kids raisins. They all loved them!
Occasionally while I'm baking, if I drop one on the counter, I'll pop it into my mouth. I gotta say, don't really love them plain, by themselves. Not my cup of tea. Or raisins.
I bought this carton a couple of months ago. It only has about a half cup left in it. I go through phases when I consume large amounts of them. Just kind of because I remember that I do like them. Luckily for me, they have no adverse effect on me.
One day while perusing blogs, I came across somebody that said she likes to put raisins on her tuna fish sandwiches. Normally, I like celery or cucumbers in mine. But I was intrigued.
Here's my tuna fish and raisin sandwich:
Here's my tuna fish and raisin sandwich:
I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with the flavors. Tuna's kinda bland on its own. The raisins added a sweet kick, and I actually liked it! I didn't want to get a lot in one mouthful and not a lot in another, so I manually placed them on the tuna. Plus, I think it's kinda pretty, no?
Perhaps my favorite way to consume el sustantivo, is in my Cheerios. I love Cheerios. A lot. And I'm kinda picky. On any of my other cereals I can usually have the generic, house brand. But my Cheerios have to be actual Cheerios!
The other day's Cheerios with raisins.
I go back and forth between raisins and bananas. Usually every other day. I like that the raisins are right around the same size as the Cheerios. The raisins fall to the bottom, so you get to fish around for them. Sometimes it's awesome because you get one or two or sometimes you don't get any! I don't like when I get ten and only two Cheerios. Too much. But so tasty!

I also like them in cinnamon rolls. I can't really eat a cinnamon roll without them. And I don't like the cream cheese frosting. It's gotta be white.
And I really like Oatmeal Raisin cookies. Enough said.
Growing up, I LOVED celery with peanut butter in them. I still like them, but only sorta. Peanut butter is sorta a stronger flavor. But do you know what makes it taste so much better??
That's right. Ants on a log!
For Christmas, I made one "ant on a log". And the guy who ate it laughed. Which is good, because it's awesome!
So the point is, raisins are good. Sometimes. Just not by themselves!
So the point is, raisins are good. Sometimes. Just not by themselves!
P.S. Here's the end of the celery that I cut off. I thought it was really pretty and had to take a picture and share it with you!


No comments:
Post a Comment