This one time, when Jake and I were dating, we went for a walk up to the BYU-I campus. We walked around and came to rest here, looking at the Taylor Chapel. It was a dark summer evening with a lovely sunset.

Here is exactly where we were sitting:

Right there on the grass, near the Manwaring Center. It's a lovely spot, no?
You may ask what it was that has made me remember this singular spot. Out of all the times we would go walking, go make out er- have deep meaningful conversations. But the point is, why do I remember this particular instance?
Well, as you can probably guess, as it was summer, these lawns undoubtedly would need to be watered. They have automatic sprinklers for those types of things. Watering that is.
On this particular eve' we were sitting here, not making out, probably planning out our future, when a funny sound came up.
"What's that?" I asked.
"I'm not sure." was Jake's reply.
As we sat there, for only a few more seconds, we realized what the sound was. The sprinklers were coming on. As quick as my reflexes would allow, I jumped up to get off the grass and out of the water. As fast as my reflexes were, Jake's were quicker. Much quicker. In fact, by the time I had begun to stand up, Jake was twenty feet away, quickly out of the way of the sprinklers.
I was in shock! Shock! That this fella, with whom I was contemplating giving my eternal soul to, had left me! He had left me to fend for myself. He had left me to protect myself from the sprinklers. He had left me to get my own rear-end off of the ground. Without out even so much of a, "Hurry, you!"
I must admit, I hesitated just a little bit in my shock and probably got a little wet. As I finally got my whits about me, I confronted him.
"You totally just left me sitting there to get wet!"
Laughing, he tried to get out of it. He didn't get out of it, and I still tease him about it. Remember this one time when were sitting on some grass and some sprinklers came on? And you totally left me in the sprinkler?
I love that fella.

Here is exactly where we were sitting:

Right there on the grass, near the Manwaring Center. It's a lovely spot, no?
You may ask what it was that has made me remember this singular spot. Out of all the times we would go walking, go make out er- have deep meaningful conversations. But the point is, why do I remember this particular instance?
Well, as you can probably guess, as it was summer, these lawns undoubtedly would need to be watered. They have automatic sprinklers for those types of things. Watering that is.
On this particular eve' we were sitting here, not making out, probably planning out our future, when a funny sound came up.
"What's that?" I asked.
"I'm not sure." was Jake's reply.
As we sat there, for only a few more seconds, we realized what the sound was. The sprinklers were coming on. As quick as my reflexes would allow, I jumped up to get off the grass and out of the water. As fast as my reflexes were, Jake's were quicker. Much quicker. In fact, by the time I had begun to stand up, Jake was twenty feet away, quickly out of the way of the sprinklers.
I was in shock! Shock! That this fella, with whom I was contemplating giving my eternal soul to, had left me! He had left me to fend for myself. He had left me to protect myself from the sprinklers. He had left me to get my own rear-end off of the ground. Without out even so much of a, "Hurry, you!"
I must admit, I hesitated just a little bit in my shock and probably got a little wet. As I finally got my whits about me, I confronted him.
"You totally just left me sitting there to get wet!"
Laughing, he tried to get out of it. He didn't get out of it, and I still tease him about it. Remember this one time when were sitting on some grass and some sprinklers came on? And you totally left me in the sprinkler?
I love that fella.
No comments:
Post a Comment