04 October 2010

What's Up With That?

A few weeks ago, we were at Bed Bath & Beyond and they had these really nice pillows on sale. They were like 150% off, so we got a couple on a splurge, because who doesn't love a new pillow? They're probably the nicest pillows we've ever bought. We put them in the top of our closet until we moved. We pulled them out a few nights ago, probably five nights ago, and put them in our chosen pillow cases. I thoroughly enjoyed my first night with it. It was so cushy and soft and wonderful. The second night, and each subsequent night, it seems my pillow is getting flatter and flatter. Which would make sense if we had gotten really cheap ones, or if I slept for 21 hours a day. But that is definitely not the case.

But the worst part of all of this, is that Jake's pillow is not reacting in the same way. It is still soft and cushy and plush. Here are our pillows side by side.




What is going on here??? Do you see how plush his is, and how flat mine is??

Jake told me this morning that he switches them while we sleep. It would make sense if that's what really happened, but it's not.

Last night, I made sure that he was laying firmly on his pillow by pushing his head deeply into the squishy plush. Before he was sleeping, just in case you wondered.

This isn't the first time I've squished my pillows. Looking back we noticed some of my other pillows have flattened out, too. Sometimes I steal Jake's pillows after he leaves for work. I bet he won't let me do that anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on why this is happening?? Or how I can quit squishing my pillows? I miss the fluffy!

2 comments:

The WIlloughby Family said...

You always make me laugh!!! I love fluffy too, and wish I had a reason or a fix but I got nothin'! BUT hey...you made me smile today! Good luck with the fluff!

DQ said...

lol, you might not like this thought, but maybe you drool a lot more and it packs it down?