23 December 2010

Oh, Sweet Heaven...

A company that works with Jake's company sent them some boxes of
Cake Balls
.
Sounds funny, but they're seriously some of the best stuff I've ever tasted. I wanted to make them for our family Christmas party coming up. So I found an uber easy recipe and went to!

And they're SO easy!!

So here it is:

Bake a cake normal, let it cool for like ten minutes,
scoop it into a bowl,
And combine it with one carton of premade frosting.
Mix the snot out of it so it's mixed real good.


I used my cookie scoop to scoop equal amounts into little balls.


Then I rolled them so they were nice and smooth.
I used a Cherry Chip cake mix and a carton of Cherry icing.
I added a little food coloring to the cake mix to ensure they turned out pink.


Here's my Chocolate Cake Mix mixed with a Chocolate Frosting.
Being a newly found country girl, these remind me of something else.
We'll just leave it at that...


Then I took a whole bunch of Chocolate and melted it in my make-shift double boiler (metal bowl over a pot of hot water.)
For the Mint ones, we used melted Andes Mints.


I'm not sure what was going on with my camera but only half of the picture is in focus.
Weird. Sorry.
The upper ones are plain chocolate with Candy Canes crushed on 'em.
The lower ones are Chocolate with the Andes Mints.
The smell alone was enough to knock me over! So good!



It goes Peppermint, Cherry, Mint.
The Cherry ones taste like those Cherry Cordials sans the cherries which are nasty, but which makes these delish!


I dropped one of the Candy Cane ones, and it turned out nasty ugly.
Oops! So Jake and I split it.

Here's the view from the inside.

Oh, sweet heaven! I've only dreamed of something so delicious.
It sounds simple, and it really is!

You should really try them!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
  • 1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting
  • 1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating

Directions

  1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
  2. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
  3. Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.


1 comment:

Sara said...

WOW!! Yum! They look amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe!